This child perfectly describes how dual citizens feel about Brexit
- Credit: Archant
'Brexit means POOP!'
Like many children, TNE reader John Pheby's 8-year-old daughter has started to pick up information about the negative impact of Brexit.
'She is fully aware that she and her mother (a Hungarian citizen resident for years in the UK) are being disgracefully treated as 'bargaining chips' by the British government,' he says. 'My daughter, who has lived in the UK for almost her whole life, is scared, and I believe her letter, vividly shows the damage the government is causing to the 'three million' and their families, friends, and employers.
'I have spoken to her regarding her choice of language for the final word, but I do think it to be an entirely appropriate description.
Transcript of the letter:
You may also want to watch:
How will father Christmas come in the country?
I've got a papa from England and a mama from hungary so if Brexit happens wich I hope doesn't I will have to choose one parent to live with and I've already been away from papa for half my life!
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 3 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 4 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 5 Remainers blamed for Boris Johnson's inability to secure Brexit deal
- 6 Theresa May brands Michael Gove's no-deal Brexit statement 'utter rubbish'
- 7 Boris Johnson told to apologise for incompetence in delivering his 'oven-ready' Brexit deal
- 8 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 9 Labour MP calls Dan Wootton a 'complete and utter nutcase' following Covid-19 herd immunity comment
- 10 Leaked government dossier warns of army street patrols if second Covid-19 wave and no-deal Brexit hit UK at same time
I am totally against Brexit Infinity persent!
Breakfast means Breakfast and brexit means POOP!
Got something to say? Email us: email@example.com
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.