Tommy Robinson ‘arrested over assault at Center Parcs’
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson has been arrested after a fight broke out at a holiday park, it has been reported.
The Sun said that 37-year-old Robinson got into a row with another man in the pool at Woburn Forest Center Parcs in Bedfordshire.
Witnesses claimed that Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, confronted another man before punching him in the face, it added.
Bedfordshire Police confirmed that officers were called to reports of an altercation between two men at the holiday park at around 1.10pm on Sunday.
A spokesman added: "One man sustained an injury to his face, and received first aid at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
"A 37-year-old man from Bedford was arrested on suspicion of common assault and has been bailed until April 2. An investigation is ongoing."
A Center Parcs spokesman confirmed that police attended an incident at Center Parcs Woburn Forest on Sunday afternoon.
- 1 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
- 2 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 3 The reverse Midas touch of Michael Gove
- 4 First black female mayor elected in Liverpool as Labour holds on to role
- 5 Dominic Raab 'chickened out' of a no-deal Brexit, Michel Barnier says
- 6 Nicola Sturgeon concedes Holyrood majority for SNP is a ‘very long shot’
- 7 Keir Starmer faces a ‘mountain to climb’ after Hartlepool defeat
- 8 Labour claims ‘extraordinary results’ in Welsh Parliament election
- 9 Is the end finally nigh for EU's most notorious leader?
The alleged attack comes less than six months after Yaxley-Lennon was released from prison after 66 days.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.