Tommy Robinson attacked with milkshake for a second time on campaign trail
- Credit: Archant
Tommy Robinson was attacked with a milkshake for the second time in two days as he campaigned for the European elections.
The former English Defence League founder - who is running as an independent to become an MEP for the North West - was hit with the drink during a walkabout in Warrington, Cheshire.
Footage posted to social media showed Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, arguing with an Asian man who then hit the milkshake against his head.
Robinson appeared to respond by throwing punches at the man before they were separated.
The Mirror quoted a man named Danny who claimed to have been responsible for throwing the milkshake.
You may also want to watch:
'The police took me away but they told me they weren't going to do anything, they just wanted me out of that situation,' he told the newspaper.
Cheshire Police said: 'We are aware of an allegation of assault made following an incident in Bridge Street in Warrington this afternoon (2 May). We are looking into the circumstances.'
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 3 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 4 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 5 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 6 Labour MP calls Dan Wootton a 'complete and utter nutcase' following Covid-19 herd immunity comment
- 7 Theresa May brands Michael Gove's no-deal Brexit statement 'utter rubbish'
- 8 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
- 9 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 10 Remainers blamed for Boris Johnson's inability to secure Brexit deal
A spokeswoman said the force had given Robinson advice but denied claims on social media that he had been given a police escort.
A separate video showed Robinson, 36, attacked with a milkshake in Bury, Greater Manchester, on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, another viral video posted on Tuesday showed a woman in Salford accusing the prospective MEP of 'just spouting a load of shite' to get publicity.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.