Tommy Robinson attacked with milkshake for a second time on campaign trail
- Credit: Archant
Tommy Robinson was attacked with a milkshake for the second time in two days as he campaigned for the European elections.
The former English Defence League founder - who is running as an independent to become an MEP for the North West - was hit with the drink during a walkabout in Warrington, Cheshire.
Footage posted to social media showed Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, arguing with an Asian man who then hit the milkshake against his head.
Robinson appeared to respond by throwing punches at the man before they were separated.
The Mirror quoted a man named Danny who claimed to have been responsible for throwing the milkshake.
You may also want to watch:
'The police took me away but they told me they weren't going to do anything, they just wanted me out of that situation,' he told the newspaper.
Cheshire Police said: 'We are aware of an allegation of assault made following an incident in Bridge Street in Warrington this afternoon (2 May). We are looking into the circumstances.'
- 1 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 2 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 3 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 4 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 5 Nigel Farage launches new party in Scotland to promote 'positive case for the Union'
- 6 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 7 Keir Starmer got it right with vote on Brexit deal
- 8 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 9 Scottish fishing boats ditch UK waters for Denmark to escape Brexit red tape
- 10 PMQs Review: The one where the speaker finally snapped
A spokeswoman said the force had given Robinson advice but denied claims on social media that he had been given a police escort.
A separate video showed Robinson, 36, attacked with a milkshake in Bury, Greater Manchester, on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, another viral video posted on Tuesday showed a woman in Salford accusing the prospective MEP of 'just spouting a load of shite' to get publicity.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.