Far-right activist Tommy Robinson endorses Boris Johnson
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Far-right figurehead Tommy Robinson has endorsed Boris Johnson as prime minister.
According to his Telegram channel, one of the few remaining social media networks he can still use, the jailed activist called on his supporters to "back Boris".
Robinson, whose real name is Stephen Yaxley-Lennon, said: "It is refreshing to actually see someone have a pair and stand up for British democracy.
"21 Tory traitors decided to side with Corbyn and the Labour traitors and try and block the Brexit that the majority of people voted for.
"Boris sacked them which was good to see! Amber Rudd resigns - who gives a s***. We back Boris, now just get us out of the EU. Labour are crying that Boris is stealing democracy when in fact he is trying to do what the people voted for.
You may also want to watch:
"The very same Labour traitors crying that democracy is being stolen are preventing a general election because they know that the people will vote Boris. #BackBoris".
It follows activists from the far-right group the Democratic Football Lads Alliance (DFLA) staging a pro-Brexit rally in Westminster and heckling anti-Brexit speeches over the weekend.
The crowds were reportedly chanting supportive messages of Boris Johnson during the protest.
- 1 Former Tory speaker admits voting Labour after labeling Boris Johnson a 'liar'
- 2 PM mocks Angela Rayner after shadow cabinet reshuffle
- 3 Senior Keir Starmer aide resigns following allegations of involvement in Angela Rayner's demotion
- 4 Britons living in Spain refused Covid jab 'due to Brexit', report claims
- 5 Liz Truss accused of freeports 'catastrophic blunder' following Brexit deals
- 6 How Brexit dealt a hammer blow to diplomatic relations
- 7 Britain is fatally addicted to toffs like Boris Johnson
- 8 Focus on voter ID instead of Russian interference 'bizarre', says Lisa Nandy
- 9 The truth about 'buy British'
- 10 David Cameron’s lobbying texts to Rishi Sunak and Michael Gove released
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.