Blair: Second referendum should only have two options
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Former prime minister Tony Blair has said a second Brexit referendum should be a choice between remain and a hard Brexit.
Speaking on ITV's Good Morning Britain, the former Labour leader said a second people's vote was the only way to settle the deadlock in Parliament.
Blair, who is in favour of a People's Vote, said the choice should be between a hard Brexit or staying in the European Union.
He said Prime Minister Theresa May's deal did not please Brexiteers or Remainers.
He added: 'The only way to resolve this is to have the option remain or leave, but leave on terms that make it clear this is hard Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
'I honestly think if you're going to leave, leave, but don't do this halfway house.'
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 3 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 4 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 5 Leaked memo exposes government fears over rise in support for Scottish independence
- 6 UK Business leaders describe Brexit call with Boris Johnson and Michael Gove as 'pointless'
- 7 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 8 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
- 9 Tory minister branded 'disgraceful' after dismissing child hunger in Britain as something that has 'been going on for years'
- 10 Fool's gold? Nigel Farage wants you to invest your trust in his financial advice service
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.