Tracy Brabin raises thousands of pounds for charity by auctioning off ‘shouldergate’ dress
- Credit: PA
Tracy Brabin is raising thousands of pounds for charity after she announced she is auctioning the off-the-shoulder dress that drew criticism after she wore it in the Commons.
Brabin was forced to defend her attire after the dress slipped off her shoulder when she leaned on the despatch box due to a broken ankle on Tuesday.
The Labour MP for Batley and Spen has since decided to sell the dress for charity on eBay, claiming it had sold out on ASOS as a result of the coverage.
"Black dress worn by Tracy Brabin MP in 'shouldergate' as widely covered across the media," the listing read.
"This is an ASOS dress which has been flying off the shelves as a result of the coverage - and is now sold out!"
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will go to Girlguiding, a charity for girls and young women in the UK.
"All money raised will go to Girlguiding UK to support their work helping girls build confidence and self-esteem, in the hope that they grow up to be leaders," the listing continued.
- 1 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 2 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump
- 3 PMQs: Ben Bradshaw calls out Boris Johnson over Brexit lies
- 4 Brexiteer musician accused of hypocrisy after demanding No 10 help bands with EU visa
- 5 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 6 Piers Morgan tells Gavin Williamson to resign for being a 'catastrophe'
- 7 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 8 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 9 9 of the best tweets of Donald Trump leaving the White House
- 10 Trump caller hangs up on James O'Brien after failing to cite ex-president's 'truths'
As of this morning the aution on eBay had reached more than £10,000.
Brabin responded to criticism of her attire on social media earlier in the week.
She had tweeted: "Sorry I don't have time to reply to all of you commenting on this but I can confirm I'm not... A slag, Hungover, A tart, About to breastfeed, A slapper, Drunk, Just been banged over a wheelie bin.
"Who knew people could get so emotional over a shoulder..."