Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson are ‘two very good guys’, says Trump
- Credit: Archant
In advance of his state visit to the UK, Donald Trump has praised his 'friends' Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson.
Trump is due to visit on June 3.
He told reporters in Washington: "Nigel Farage is a friend of mine. Boris is a friend of mine. They are two very good guys, very interesting people."
Talking about Brexit Party's European election success he said: "Nigel's had a big victory, he's picked up 32% of the vote starting from nothing.
"I think they are big powers over there, I think they have done a good job."
You may also want to watch:
Despite his great friendships with Farage and Johnson, Trump is likely to face protests on his second state visit to the UK.
READ: BONNIE GREER: Why Britain should give Trump the Big Apple treatmentShadow treasury minister Clive Lewis tweeted "Dust off the blimp" at the news of Trump's visit, while the protesters behind the giant, inflatable Trump-styled baby made for his last visit have told the Guardian that they are musing over creating an even bigger, hot air balloon version.
- 1 A view from inside the Heathrow petri dish
- 2 Could Mexican Coke spark a new Coca-Cola cold war?
- 3 Liz Truss accused of freeports 'catastrophic blunder' following Brexit deals
- 4 The truth about 'buy British'
- 5 Downing Street announces plans to change English voting system following string of Labour victories
- 6 The man the Soviet Union left in space
- 7 Tories could push for 2023 general election after axing key legislation
- 8 Britons living in Spain are being refused Covid jab 'due to Brexit', report claims
- 9 Boris Johnson under investigation over luxurious Caribbean holiday
- 10 Why can't the English see what the Scots and Welsh can?
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.