Trump trolled by dwindling popularity ratings on his visit to London
- Credit: Archant
Donald Trump is being trolled by the tiny approval ratings for the president as he visits the United Kingdom.
The anti-Brexit Led By Donkeys campaigners previously set up a projection of Boris Johnson's 'nasty' comments about the US president on Big Ben, and now claim to hae created a projection of the falling approval rating for Trump too.
The ratings put Barack Obama at 72% favourability with the people of the UK, compared to Donald Trump who is favoured by just 21%.
In a tweet to Trump they claim to have projected it on to the iconic Tower of London.
They included the message: "Just so you know, you're wildly unpopular here in Britain. SAD! People REALLY don't like you (though they love @BarackObama). Hope you like seeing your FAILING approval numbers projected onto the Tower of London."
You may also want to watch:
The YouGov polling data - which puts Hillary Clinton, Justin Trudeau, Angela Merkel and Bill Clinton ahead of the president - is likely to enrage Trump if it is seen during his state visit.
- 1 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 2 The Spanish village with the mythical blue lagoon
- 3 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 4 A very nearly enchanted evening
- 5 Boris Johnson enjoys splendid isolation
- 6 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 7 The Tories have already lost the culture wars
- 8 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 9 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 10 The riproaring life of the real Cyrano de Bergerac
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.