‘We’re in a nasty mess my precious!’ - Unsettling video portrays Theresa May as Gollum
- Credit: Archant
Theresa May has been portrayed as Gollum from Lord of the Rings in an unselling video that pokes fun at the way she obsesses over her Brexit deal.
The Hollywood actor Andy Serkis donned a Conservative-blue jacket and grey wig for the sketch.
'Precious ... our agreement, this is it. Our deal,' hisses Serkis as he cowers in a darkened Number 10, poring over a copy of the Withdrawal Agreement MPs will vote on on Tuesday.
'We takes back control! Money, borders, laws... blue passportses!'
The video, produced by a company which has previously made films for the Labour Party, ends by calling for a People's Vote on Brexit.
You may also want to watch:
Serkis won a host of awards for his portrayal of Gollum in Lord Of The Rings, a cowering, deformed creature with a split personality who obsesses over his 'precious' ring.
The British actor's disturbing turn as May sees the PM fighting an internal battle between wanting to see her Brexit deal through and facing up to her critics.
- 1 Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reject Boris Johnson's coronavirus claim
- 2 Sky News presenter says Boris Johnson is 'gaslighting the nation' over Covid claims
- 3 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 4 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 5 PMQs: Boris Johnson calls for apology from Keir Starmer over coronavirus stances
- 6 Home Office launches voluntary repatriation scheme for EU nationals
- 7 Jeremy Corbyn loses bid to release Labour documents ahead of High Court battle
- 8 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 9 Boris Johnson is the 'worst PM' and should resign, says Alastair Campbell
- 10 Nicola Sturgeon tells Boris Johnson to 'work from home' instead as he plans trip to Scotland
'It hurts the people, makes them poorer,' pleads one side.
'But I finds it and negotiates it. We wants it! We has to do it!' spits the other.
The video has been viewed more than one million times since it was posted to Facebook and YouTube and has been shared by the likes of Gary Lineker and Stephen Fry.