Watch: Farage gets stinging rebuke for trolling EU with mafia jibe
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Comparing EU parliament to the Mafia (or to gangsters) because you're unhappy with its Brexit demands is 'unacceptable'. Ouch!
Former UKIP leader, Nigel Farage, was jeered by members of the EU parliament in Strasbourg for his unacceptable remark in which he compared the EU parliament to the Mafia.
Farage said: 'You have shown yourself with these demands to be vindictive, to be nasty. All I can say is, thank goodness we're leaving.
'You are behaving like the Mafia. You think we are a hostage. We are not, we are free to go.'
Reprimanded by the body's president, Italian Antonio Tajan, for the 'unacceptable' remark, the European Parliament's resident troll Farage settled for the term 'gangsters'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 2 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 3 The Spanish village with the mythical blue lagoon
- 4 Boris Johnson enjoys splendid isolation
- 5 A very nearly enchanted evening
- 6 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 7 Telling the truth is now the only sackable offence
- 8 What I learned by avoiding England and the Euros
- 9 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 10 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics