Watch: Farage gets stinging rebuke for trolling EU with mafia jibe
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Comparing EU parliament to the Mafia (or to gangsters) because you're unhappy with its Brexit demands is 'unacceptable'. Ouch!
Former UKIP leader, Nigel Farage, was jeered by members of the EU parliament in Strasbourg for his unacceptable remark in which he compared the EU parliament to the Mafia.
Farage said: 'You have shown yourself with these demands to be vindictive, to be nasty. All I can say is, thank goodness we're leaving.
'You are behaving like the Mafia. You think we are a hostage. We are not, we are free to go.'
Reprimanded by the body's president, Italian Antonio Tajan, for the 'unacceptable' remark, the European Parliament's resident troll Farage settled for the term 'gangsters'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Susanna Reid takes on Priti Patel over government's gaslighting of public on coronavirus
- 2 Brexiteer musician accused of hypocrisy after demanding No 10 help bands with EU visa
- 3 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 4 PMQs: Ben Bradshaw calls out Boris Johnson over Brexit lies
- 5 ‘Don’t haste ye back’ - Nicola Sturgeon's perfect farewell message to Donald Trump
- 6 Piers Morgan calls on Priti Patel to resign over missing crime records fiasco
- 7 Tory MPs vote down Lords bid to protect NHS from post-Brexit trade deals
- 8 9 of the best tweets of Donald Trump leaving the White House
- 9 Boris Johnson narrowly avoids defeat over vote on trade deals with genocidal regimes
- 10 Trump caller hangs up on James O'Brien after failing to cite ex-president's 'truths'