Watch: Farage gets stinging rebuke for trolling EU with mafia jibe
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Comparing EU parliament to the Mafia (or to gangsters) because you're unhappy with its Brexit demands is 'unacceptable'. Ouch!
Former UKIP leader, Nigel Farage, was jeered by members of the EU parliament in Strasbourg for his unacceptable remark in which he compared the EU parliament to the Mafia.
Farage said: 'You have shown yourself with these demands to be vindictive, to be nasty. All I can say is, thank goodness we're leaving.
'You are behaving like the Mafia. You think we are a hostage. We are not, we are free to go.'
Reprimanded by the body's president, Italian Antonio Tajan, for the 'unacceptable' remark, the European Parliament's resident troll Farage settled for the term 'gangsters'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 A lesson from the last of Mainwaring's men
- 2 Scathing report accuses Boris Johnson of 'only caring for England'
- 3 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 4 No 10 rewrote race disparity report, expert claims
- 5 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
- 6 Nick Clegg says EU 'let itself and millions of Europeans' down over Covid vaccine programme
- 7 No 10: ‘Significant differences’ between UK and EU remain over resolving Brexit deal
- 8 European Council president faces call to resign over 'Sofagate' incident
- 9 Exports to EU increase in February after record fall
- 10 Why the EU is no longer the elephant in the room in the Netherlands