Watch: Ken Clarke defies Tories in unflinching attack on Brexit
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Europhile Ken Clarke delivered a passionate speech against Brexit in the House of Commons Article 50 debate
Speaking on Tuesday in the House of Commons, Ken Clarke branded the Conservative party as 'anti immigrant' and stated: 'No sensible countries have referendums – the United States and Germany don't.'
Watch Ken Clarke's Brexit Speech in full below:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 3 Who's on the BBC's Question Time tonight?
- 4 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
- 5 Fool's gold? Nigel Farage wants you to invest your trust in his financial advice service
- 6 The deep roots of Dominic Cummings' personal antipathy to the BBC
- 7 Tory MP who voted against her own party to support free school meals motion quits government in protest
- 8 'Shameful' Tory minister defends government memo attacking Marcus Rashford's free school meals call
- 9 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 10 Political commentator delivers blistering response to Tory backbenchers offended by Angela Rayner's slur
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.