Watch: Ken Clarke defies Tories in unflinching attack on Brexit
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Europhile Ken Clarke delivered a passionate speech against Brexit in the House of Commons Article 50 debate
Speaking on Tuesday in the House of Commons, Ken Clarke branded the Conservative party as 'anti immigrant' and stated: 'No sensible countries have referendums – the United States and Germany don't.'
Watch Ken Clarke's Brexit Speech in full below:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 2 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 3 Telling the truth is now the only sackable offence
- 4 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 5 What I learned by avoiding England and the Euros
- 6 How long can Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi play on?
- 7 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 8 Could southern discomfort sink a rebalancing agenda still in its infancy?
- 9 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 10 Could Boris Johnson still use the NHS as leverage in a US trade deal?
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.