Watch: Ken Clarke defies Tories in unflinching attack on Brexit
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Europhile Ken Clarke delivered a passionate speech against Brexit in the House of Commons Article 50 debate
Speaking on Tuesday in the House of Commons, Ken Clarke branded the Conservative party as 'anti immigrant' and stated: 'No sensible countries have referendums – the United States and Germany don't.'
Watch Ken Clarke's Brexit Speech in full below:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 2 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 3 Nigel Farage launches new party in Scotland to promote 'positive case for the Union'
- 4 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 5 Brexit changes lead to exodus of Brits from Spain, UK nationals claim
- 6 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 7 Brexiteer rebuked after backing Nigel Farage's 'East Germany' claims
- 8 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 9 Tory candidate suspended by party over comments about ‘fat’ food bank user
- 10 No 10 defends Stanley Johnson receiving two coronavirus vaccines while others don't