Watch: Ken Clarke defies Tories in unflinching attack on Brexit
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Europhile Ken Clarke delivered a passionate speech against Brexit in the House of Commons Article 50 debate
Speaking on Tuesday in the House of Commons, Ken Clarke branded the Conservative party as 'anti immigrant' and stated: 'No sensible countries have referendums – the United States and Germany don't.'
Watch Ken Clarke's Brexit Speech in full below:
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 2 Boris Johnson vows action over 'absurd' post-Brexit trading arrangements
- 3 Defence minister Johnny Mercer 'trying to resign' - reports
- 4 Opposition parties push for probe into Boris Johnson's conduct following viral video
- 5 Government scraps Brexit permits to enter Kent
- 6 No 10 says Johnny Mercer is 'valued' minister as it attempts to stop him resigning
- 7 How will you vote in the upcoming elections?
- 8 Labour leader defends NHS after being kicked out of pub in Bath
- 9 Plan for White House-style briefings axed despite £2.6m spend on media room
- 10 Divided Britain: North and south more estranged than Scotland and England
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.