Nigel Farage booed at British Curry Awards
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Nigel Farage was jeered and booed… while presenting an award at the annual British Curry Awards.
Stars turned out to celebrate the country's top chefs and Indian restaurants including comedian Russell Brand, the Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson and former England goalkeeper David Seaman.
While presenting an award Brexiteer Farage appeared to be revelling in the unwelcome introduction he was given on stage.
As the crowd jeered and booed he said: 'Thank you for sponsoring my salary for all these years, very kind of you.'
The award ceremony's compère said that they were now 'up against it' as the air turned frosty.
You may also want to watch:
The bizarre list of politicians in attendance included the former UKIP leader, transport secretary Chris Grayling, Conservative party chairman Brandon Lewis, and Lib Dem leader Sir Vince Cable.
They declined to share a table with Farage.
- 1 Piers Morgan must expose the government's Brexit betrayal
- 2 Public slams Brexit Party tweet which shames Tory MPs who voted against free school meals
- 4 Boris Johnson warned majority will be 'wiped out' over treatment towards north of England
- 5 Peers set to remove law-breaking sections of Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 6 Boris Johnson 'frantically repositioning' himself for Donald Trump to lose election
- 7 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 8 James Cleverly mocked after telling people to 'look at how they're doing in Wales'
- 9 Minister says Dido Harding is working '19-hours a day' on Test and Trace
- 10 Michel Barnier postpones Brussels return as Brexit trade talks in London continue
Comedian Russell Brand joked that the number of politicians in the room to celebrate Britain's multiculturalism was 'as if Brexit hadn't happened'.
Rory Bremner previously joked that Nigel Farage at the curry awards was like an atheist celebrating Christmas Day.