Nigel Farage booed at British Curry Awards
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Nigel Farage was jeered and booed… while presenting an award at the annual British Curry Awards.
Stars turned out to celebrate the country's top chefs and Indian restaurants including comedian Russell Brand, the Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson and former England goalkeeper David Seaman.
While presenting an award Brexiteer Farage appeared to be revelling in the unwelcome introduction he was given on stage.
As the crowd jeered and booed he said: 'Thank you for sponsoring my salary for all these years, very kind of you.'
The award ceremony's compère said that they were now 'up against it' as the air turned frosty.
You may also want to watch:
The bizarre list of politicians in attendance included the former UKIP leader, transport secretary Chris Grayling, Conservative party chairman Brandon Lewis, and Lib Dem leader Sir Vince Cable.
They declined to share a table with Farage.
- 1 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
- 2 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 3 European parliament agrees to add British overseas territories to post-Brexit tax haven blacklist
- 4 Ed Miliband mocks Kwasi Kwarteng's 'road to Damascus conversion'
- 5 Telegraph columnist blames Angela Merkel for Brexit
- 6 Piers Morgan causes hilarity with 'Priti Patel with a brain' jibe
- 7 Brussels to launch campaign teaching younger Britons about the EU
- 8 Backlash over Tory MP receiving Covid-19 vaccine despite not being classed as vulnerable
- 9 Boris Johnson to visit Scotland this week in attempt to shore up the union
- 10 SNP MP asks Priti Patel why she has not stood down following UK border comments
Comedian Russell Brand joked that the number of politicians in the room to celebrate Britain's multiculturalism was 'as if Brexit hadn't happened'.
Rory Bremner previously joked that Nigel Farage at the curry awards was like an atheist celebrating Christmas Day.