Watch: Remainers reveal the one word that best describes Brexit
- Credit: Archant
Could you describe Brexit in one word? It's difficult, but we headed out to meet the people and find out if they could summarise the whole debacle in one word...
Full disclosure: we probably could have made a video by itself of the people who chose the word 'disaster' - there were a lot.
With tens of thousands of defiant Remainers gathered for the march for Europe on 25 March 2017, The New European joined the crowds to find out what people really think of Brexit.
Protesters marched through central London before gathering in Parliament Square to deliver their message before the gates of the Palace of Westminster.
You may also want to watch:
The sunny square was filled with protesters, many draped in the European flag and waving banners aloft, including a number declaring 'We are not afraid' in reference to the Westminster terror attack.
What word would you use to describe Brexit? Add your comments below the video on our Youtube channel.
- 1 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 2 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 3 What I learned by avoiding England and the Euros
- 4 Telling the truth is now the only sackable offence
- 5 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 6 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 7 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 8 A very nearly enchanted evening
- 9 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 10 Brexit stripped me of my Britishness
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.