Watch: The moment Piers Morgan (almost) compliments The New European
- Credit: Archant
*Full disclosure* whilst waving a copy of the anti-Brexit newspaper in Nigel Farage's face
Hold on a second... Did Piers Morgan just COMPLIMENT The New European? Well maybe... Alright, not really... But as far as we're concerned that's about as good as we'll get from him.
The moment came as former UKIP leader Nigel Farage and Editor-at-Large of The New European Alastair Campbell clashed over (you guessed it) Brexit
A sneering Farage insisted: 'You're not going to stop it, it's all over, it's done.'
Campbell responded: 'Believe me, Brexit can be stopped.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 3 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 4 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 5 Labour MP calls Dan Wootton a 'complete and utter nutcase' following Covid-19 herd immunity comment
- 6 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 7 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
- 8 Theresa May brands Michael Gove's no-deal Brexit statement 'utter rubbish'
- 9 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 10 Remainers blamed for Boris Johnson's inability to secure Brexit deal
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.