WATCH PMQs: Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn square up
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
For both embattled leaders prime minister's questions must come as a welcome relief these days.
This week the pair tussled over universal credit – an important topic and one where Jeremy Corbyn came out on top.
He went on to Brexit saying: 'The government's Brexit negotiations are an abject failure – I can see that by the sullen faces behind her. And that is not just the ERG, that's the whole lot of them.'
After listing her achievements though Theresa May finished strongly: 'Most shamefully of all, the member for Streatham saying Labour is now an institutionally racist party. That is what he has done to Labour – just think what he'd do to this country.'
VERDICT: Corbyn by a whisker but May will keep landing punches until Labour has its house in order.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 A lesson from the last of Mainwaring's men
- 2 Scathing report accuses Boris Johnson of 'only caring for England'
- 3 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 4 No 10 rewrote race disparity report, expert claims
- 5 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
- 6 Nick Clegg says EU 'let itself and millions of Europeans' down over Covid vaccine programme
- 7 No 10: ‘Significant differences’ between UK and EU remain over resolving Brexit deal
- 8 European Council president faces call to resign over 'Sofagate' incident
- 9 Exports to EU increase in February after record fall
- 10 Why the EU is no longer the elephant in the room in the Netherlands
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.