We have changed for the better
The New European is a unique newspaper; launched in the heat of the Brexit vote - and designed to last only four weeks - we are still here, more than a year later, and thanks to our growing community of readers, we are thriving.
If this is your first time, then welcome.
If you are a long time reader, then welcome back - we hope you like our new format.
From this week, The New European will be printed as a tabloid - and we have increased our pages from 48 to 64, which means more content than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
We've included new features, such as our weekly media columnists Chris Sutcliffe (you'll find his first column on page 16) along with a weekly digest of the best of European media commentary.
- 1 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 2 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 3 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 4 ERG MP says Boris Johnson should consider cutting ties with Church of England following Brexit row
- 5 Labour MP calls Dan Wootton a 'complete and utter nutcase' following Covid-19 herd immunity comment
- 6 Government told to publish impact assessments for Boris Johnson's 'Narnia' deal with EU
- 7 Diane Abbott accuses Keir Starmer of having 'other motives' while shadow Brexit secretary
- 8 Theresa May brands Michael Gove's no-deal Brexit statement 'utter rubbish'
- 9 Brexiteer admits 'Australia-style deal' term designed to 'pull wool over voters' eyes'
- 10 Labour MP lashes out at Boris Johnson over £150k wage complaint during fiery debate on Manchester lockdown
We're also expanding our European news and features coverage. Our focus is firmly on the stories that won't necessarily make it big in the traditional media, but add another dimension to our understanding of our neighbours on the continent.
The New European is a newspaper for people fascinated by Europe, passionate about Europe.
What hasn't changed is our mission. We are the only UK newspaper absolutely clear in our belief that Brexit is a catastrophe for this country - not just economically, but socially, culturally and in the interests of our national security. We are unashamed and transparent in our belief that the best Brexit is no Brexit.
If you feel the same way, and if you value our journalism, the best thing you can do to sustain it is subscribe to the paper. We have some terrific offers; you'll find details on pages 32 and 33.
The next best thing you can do is help spread the word. Tell a friend about The New European. Gift them a subscription. Visit our website at www.theneweuropean.co.uk and share an article on social media. And when you've finished reading your paper, leave it somewhere for others to find.
The saga of Brexit has many twists and turns to come, and we look forward to chronicling this extraordinary story week by week. Your support enables that. Thank you.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.