No 10 sidesteps key question over Boris Johnson's lockdown bike ride
- Credit: PA
Number 10 has sidestepped a key question about Boris Johnson's bike ride in east London during coronavirus lockdown.
The prime minister's official spokesperson insisted the prime minister's exercise was permitted under coronavirus guidance.
He added: “The prime minister acted in accordance with the Covid guidance while he was exercising.
“We have always trusted the public to exercise good judgment throughout the pandemic when we have asked them to exercise locally.”
But asked whether people can drive or take public transport to exercise, the spokesperson dodged the question, as well as questions about how far someone can travel to walk or cycle.
You may also want to watch:
Johnson’s press secretary Allegra Stratton, asked if Johnson regretted his bike ride, said: “He will … be doing bike rides again – you all know how much he loves his bike.”
- 1 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 2 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 3 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 4 Television drama to focus on Boris Johnson's first year in Downing Street
- 5 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 6 The Tory MPs who failed to vote against a Universal Credit cut
- 7 Michael Gove among 14 Tory MPs revealed to have joined banned Parler app
- 8 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 9 UK has highest Covid-19 death rate in world
- 10 Boris Johnson claims Labour supporters using Universal Credit vote to incite hatred