Dominic Cummings' eye-sight test trip to Barnard Castle mocked in Beano
- Credit: PA
Boris Johnson and his former senior adviser Dominic Cummings are set to appear in a special edition of the Beano.
BeanOLD, produced for older readers reflecting on the year 2020, will be a pull-out inside the regular Beano and will see Dennis the Menace’s parents look back on Zoom quizzes, home-schooling, delayed Bond films and toilet roll shortages.
In the comic both Johnson and Cummings will appear, with illustrations mocking Cummings driving with impaired eyesight, after his notorious drip to Barnard Castle during lockdown.
Also in the edition Sir Tom Moore, who raised more than £32 million for the NHS by walking laps of his garden, and Manchester United footballer Rashford, who has campaigned for free school meals and child literacy, visit Beanotown to receive honorary MBEs (Member of the Beano Elf-service) for their efforts this year.
Plus environmental activist Greta Thunberg, who offers Dennis’s dad advice on how to grow his own Christmas tree.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Stirling, editorial director of Beano Studios, said: “We’ve formed our very own Gnational Elf Service to help spread laughs and keep the nation smiling this winter.
“We love bringing kids laughs every week but 2020 has been so tough, that for the first time in 82 years we’ve created a comic that kids can give to adults to share some much-needed Beano LOLZ.”
- 1 Brexit regret: Meet the Leave voters who wish they hadn't voted Leave
- 2 Boris Johnson vows action over 'absurd' post-Brexit trading arrangements
- 3 Defence minister Johnny Mercer 'trying to resign' - reports
- 4 Government scraps Brexit permits to enter Kent
- 5 Opposition parties push for probe into Boris Johnson's conduct following viral video
- 6 Why everyone in rents in Germany
- 7 No 10 says Johnny Mercer is 'valued' minister as it attempts to stop him resigning
- 8 How will you vote in the upcoming elections?
- 9 Plan for White House-style briefings axed despite £2.6m spend on media room
- 10 Boris Johnson challenged over 'honesty and integrity' of Jennifer Arcuri claims
BeanOLD can be found in this week’s Beano, available to buy at retailers from Wednesday.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.