Expletive-laden Boris Johnson protest song reaches Number 5 in Christmas chart
- Credit: PA
An expletive-laden song about Boris Johnson has failed to secure the Christmas Number 1 slot - but still made the Top 5.
Boris Johnson Is A F**king C**t was recorded by an Essex-based band with an equally sweary artist name - known as K**t and the Gang.
The 56-second medley repeats the title for the whole song and has been backed by Black Mirror writer Charlie Brooker.
Radio 1 presenter Katie Thistleon told listeners: "At Number 5 is a song about Boris Johnson which has so many expletives we can't play it on daytime Radio 1."
Instead LadBaby claimed the Christmas number one single for the third consecutive year.
You may also want to watch:
The song is raising money for food bank charity The Trussell Trust.
- 1 A lesson from the last of Mainwaring's men
- 2 Tory anger as Labour to hold vote on establishing committee to investigate cronyism
- 3 PMQs: Commons speaker reprimands Boris Johnson over Greensill response
- 4 The stench of scandal seeping out from Britain
- 5 Nick Clegg says EU 'let itself and millions of Europeans' down over Covid vaccine programme
- 6 Scathing report accuses Boris Johnson of 'only caring for England'
- 7 MEPs again refuse to ratify Brexit deal amid concerns No 10 is flouting conditions
- 8 Boris Johnson's government 'doesn't think it has to be aide by rules', says former civil servant
- 9 European Council president faces call to resign over 'Sofagate' incident
- 10 How the vaccines have shifted opinions over Brexit
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.