Expletive-laden Boris Johnson protest song reaches Number 5 in Christmas chart
- Credit: PA
An expletive-laden song about Boris Johnson has failed to secure the Christmas Number 1 slot - but still made the Top 5.
Boris Johnson Is A F**king C**t was recorded by an Essex-based band with an equally sweary artist name - known as K**t and the Gang.
The 56-second medley repeats the title for the whole song and has been backed by Black Mirror writer Charlie Brooker.
Radio 1 presenter Katie Thistleon told listeners: "At Number 5 is a song about Boris Johnson which has so many expletives we can't play it on daytime Radio 1."
Instead LadBaby claimed the Christmas number one single for the third consecutive year.
You may also want to watch:
The song is raising money for food bank charity The Trussell Trust.
- 1 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 2 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 3 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 4 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 5 Nigel Farage launches new party in Scotland to promote 'positive case for the Union'
- 6 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 7 Brexiteer rebuked after backing Nigel Farage's 'East Germany' claims
- 8 Scottish fishing boats ditch UK waters for Denmark to escape Brexit red tape
- 9 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 10 PMQs Review: The one where the speaker finally snapped
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.