Expletive-laden Boris Johnson protest song reaches Number 5 in Christmas chart
- Credit: PA
An expletive-laden song about Boris Johnson has failed to secure the Christmas Number 1 slot - but still made the Top 5.
Boris Johnson Is A F**king C**t was recorded by an Essex-based band with an equally sweary artist name - known as K**t and the Gang.
The 56-second medley repeats the title for the whole song and has been backed by Black Mirror writer Charlie Brooker.
Radio 1 presenter Katie Thistleon told listeners: "At Number 5 is a song about Boris Johnson which has so many expletives we can't play it on daytime Radio 1."
Instead LadBaby claimed the Christmas number one single for the third consecutive year.
You may also want to watch:
The song is raising money for food bank charity The Trussell Trust.
- 1 Crisis in the unpicked fruit fields shows Brexit is rotten
- 2 Why Australian trade deal could complicate future post-Brexit agreements
- 3 Brexiteers propose return of imperial measurements in report on reducing 'red tape'
- 4 A furious Hoyle accuses government of misleading the House
- 5 Liz Truss urged to let parliament 'take back control' with Brexit trade deal scrutiny
- 6 Why don't Brexiteers like to talk about Brexit any more?
- 7 When Eton took on a team of miners at football
- 8 How the Kominsky Method grapples with growing old
- 9 Michael Gove insists Liz Truss is delivering 'what's best for Britain'
- 10 PM to reveal details of post-Brexit agreement with Australia
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.