Brexiteer commentator hits out at Remainers over US Election result
- Credit: PA
A Brexiteer has fumed about the possibility of Joe Biden entering the White House, claiming the loss of Donald Trump will hit the UK, and that any economic damage will be the fault of Remainers.
Express commentator Paul Baldwin sparked anger from pro-EU campaigners after he said it was the "rabble of Remainer cohorts" who would be responsible for Brexit damage as a result of the election result. He claimed that those in parliament under Theresa May were "dragging their unwilling heels on Brexit for three years", and have "holed Britain under the waterline".
The Brexiteer claimed that as a result of a Biden win "our most lucrative international partnership will crash and burn on the altar of punishing Britain for having the temerity to champion that most American of virtues – self-reliance."
And he blamed Remainers for focusing on EU relations rather than a US trade deal - despite the fact a Trump deal with America is likely to only boost the economy by 0.2%.
He said: "And we will rue the day, or indeed the years, we spent in thrall to EU negotiators instead of nailing a deal.
"And when I say we I mean Theresa May, and her spineless flip-flopping cabinet of Philip Hammond, Greg Clark, David Gauke, et al. Then step forward the other assorted anti-democracy irritants like Gina Miller, Dominic Grieve, Oliver Letwin and Yvette Cooper who stalled and stalled and delayed and delayed the process meaning we are now in a much more precarious position as a nation."
You may also want to watch:
The opinion piece was slammed by those against Brexit.
Deborah Meaden wrote: "Has the Daily Express been taken over by a spoilt little brat. You know, the ones who blame everyone or Avery thing else..."
- 1 Rishi Sunak fails to declare family's wealth in ministerial register, probe finds
- 2 The Remainers who haven't been paying attention
- 3 Joe Biden could scrap US-UK travel corridor in favour of one with Ireland
- 4 British actors barred from applying for role of young Prince William due to Brexit
- 5 Nine best tweets trolling Nigel Farage over anti-lockdown post
- 6 Commons speaker delivers blistering attack on government following leak of latest lockdown information
- 7 Transport boss calls government's handling of Brexit border proceedings a 'complete shambles'
- 8 Brexiteer Claire Fox defends public sector pay freeze saying workers are 'not the only heroes'
- 9 Public give hilarious reaction to Brexiteer's tweet on Project Fear
- 10 'The irony': Iain Duncan Smith mocked following 'honesty with the public' remark about Rishi Sunak
"Have they got Bonfire Night mixed up with April Fool’s Day?" asked James O'Brien.
"It's not just Trump who is having a meltdown," commented Professor Tanja Bueltmann.
"It was the FBPE wot won it," added Naomi Smith.
"Remainers responsible for Biden's win now? Ill take that as a badge of honour," said another.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.