Nine best responses to Donald Trump's 'Poles' spelling mistake
- Credit: PA
Here are some of the best tweets mocking Donald Trump after he confused a dance pole with an election poll in a tweet on the US election.
Social media users were quick to pick up on the US president's poor spelling skills and turned the oversight into a Twitter trend.
In the early hours of Wednesday morning, president Trump tweeted that he wanted to see "Poles" closed in crucial swing states following unchecked claims of voter fraud.
The tweet has since been corrected and hit with a warning from Twitter over its accuracy.
Reacting to the tweet, Greg Baum quipped: "Last time it was the Russians. Now it’s the Poles. So treacherous, those Slavs."
You may also want to watch:
Hend Amry posted a photo of an overweight middle-aged man in slacks, writing: "When you’ve just realized how the Pole closures will affect your livelihood."
Lindsay Holmes described the turmoil she faced trying to get some sleep: "Me, trying to sleep: the pole tweet, living rent-free in my head and keeping me awake:"
- 1 Rishi Sunak fails to declare family's wealth in ministerial register, probe finds
- 2 The Remainers who haven't been paying attention
- 3 Joe Biden could scrap US-UK travel corridor in favour of one with Ireland
- 4 British actors barred from applying for role of young Prince William due to Brexit
- 5 Nine best tweets trolling Nigel Farage over anti-lockdown post
- 6 Commons speaker delivers blistering attack on government following leak of latest lockdown information
- 7 Transport boss calls government's handling of Brexit border proceedings a 'complete shambles'
- 8 Brexiteer Claire Fox defends public sector pay freeze saying workers are 'not the only heroes'
- 9 Public give hilarious reaction to Brexiteer's tweet on Project Fear
- 10 'The irony': Iain Duncan Smith mocked following 'honesty with the public' remark about Rishi Sunak
Joshua Gale quipped: "I prefer white supremacists that know the difference between a ballot box and a stripper pole."
@Afropolitan_25 tweeted: "The man said 'poles'. So much for being qualified for a job/position. Let them keep moving the goalposts. If this man can 'run' a country so can you!"
"When Donald Trump thanks pole workers, it’s not a typo," joked Dana Goldberg.
@emfromthetron wrote: "Who's going to tell Santa about the Pole being closed..."
@daafidd added: "Man I was just planning on going to the North Pole next week (pensive face)"
Andrew Zawierucha wrote "Polish people right now. #Poles," above a photo of basketball great Michael Jordan.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.