Scottish nationalists acting like 'little Englanders' over Boris Johnson's leadership, claims radio caller
- Credit: LBC/Global
Scottish nationalists are acting like "little Englanders" over Boris Johnson's leadership, a radio caller has claimed.
Raymond from Falkirk made the claim as he called James O'Brien's radio show to respond to remarks Johnson made about devolution being a "disaster north of the border".
The caller feared Scotland falling into a similar trap to Brexit, where the Scots regret their decision in years to come, purely because they do not like the current prime minister.
He explained: "The man is a Stanley Unwin of politics. Do you remember him - the master of gobbledygook. This Boris Johnson, the ruffled hair, he has his shirt hanging out of the arse of his trousers. The man is an absolute idiot. But the little Englanders...
"I'm not SNP. I want to remain in Europe and I want to remain in the United Kingdom. But we have a got a little Englander situation and we've got a nationalist thing and there's nothing in between.
"We have got one Labour MP in Scotland, Ian Murray, he's very good. But we no longer count, I'm like 'geronimo'".
It led presenter O'Brien to explain: "If we do get another referendum and if it goes opposite to the way the last one went, then in ten years time a lot of Scottish people may look back...and think 'why on the earth did we throw all that away because temporarily Boris Johnson was in Downing Street and the flipping English needed a few years to see what a massive mistake Brexit was'.
- 1 Public give hilarious reaction to Brexiteer's tweet on Project Fear
- 2 'The irony': Iain Duncan Smith mocked following 'honesty with the public' remark about Rishi Sunak
- 3 Commons speaker delivers blistering attack on government following leak of latest lockdown information
- 4 Transport boss calls government's handling of Brexit border proceedings a 'complete shambles'
- 5 British actors barred from applying for role of young Prince William due to Brexit
- 6 Brexiteer Claire Fox defends public sector pay freeze saying workers are 'not the only heroes'
- 7 The Remainers who haven't been paying attention
- 8 Nine best tweets trolling Nigel Farage over anti-lockdown post
- 9 Rishi Sunak fails to declare family's wealth in ministerial register, probe finds
- 10 Joe Biden could scrap US-UK travel corridor in favour of one with Ireland
"But then it will be too late for the Union and there'll be no going back for that, will there?'"
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.