James O'Brien exposes 'hypocrisy' of anti-lockdown advocates
- Credit: LBC
James O'Brien has summed up the "hypocrisy" of people opposing lockdown in a brilliant one-and-a-half minute monologue.
O'Brien said people ignoring restrictions were having a "toddler tantrum" and were usually those "who are really into law and order if they think it's only going to be others that get on the wrong end of authoritarianism".
He said the stop and search of young black people in the name of stopping knife crime was a burning example of that hypocrisy.
"Find me an old white dude who thinks the stop and search of innocent young black is an absolutely fine price to pay because [of] knife crime. I'll find you an old white dude who thinks that having their own freedoms temporarily curtailed is an outrageous imposition despite 81,000 deaths," the LBC presenter said.
"How stark sometimes does the illustration of the hypocrisy and the double standards have to be?"
O'Brien then imagined having a conversation with someone who opposed lockdown.
"How do you feel about stop and search? Absolutely fine, you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear. Have you ever been stopped and searched? Don't be ridiculous, I'm an old white dude.
- 1 This chumocracy is costing our country
- 2 Nigel Farage loses nearly 50,000 followers after Twitter suspends QAnon accounts
- 3 Fifteen ways to fix Britain
- 4 Michel Barnier tells UK to be 'very careful' in Brexit diplomatic status row
- 5 Bob Geldof takes swipe at No 10 saying 'lying is second nature' to them
- 6 Independent SAGE adviser gives scathing assessment of Priti Patel's £800 Covid fines
- 7 Jacob Rees-Mogg says it's 'all the EU's fault' musicians can't tour Europe
- 8 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 9 George Osborne hopes for Brexit dividend
- 10 Holyrood in talks with EU to extend Erasmus scheme to Scottish students
"How do you feel about clamping down on people who are out spreading a virus that's already killed 81,431 Brits? I think it's absolutely outrageous. What why? It may involve me!"
@glamdoc said O'Brien "totally nailed it" while one user said his explanation was "perfect".
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.