Piers Morgan causes hilarity with 'Priti Patel with a brain' jibe
- Credit: ITV
Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan has caused hilarity after a jibe in which he likened Lorraine Kelly to "Priti Patel with a brain".
Morgan was tipped by the Daily Star to become the UK's next prime minister, prompting the breakfast show presenter to look for potential ministers in his cabinet.
As Kelly said she had a "no nonsense" approach, Morgan joked she would be like the home secretary but "with a brain".
It resulted in Kelly letting out a raucous laugh, as co-presenter Susanna Reid rolled her eyes.
"Can you imagine what those cabinet meetings would be like with Piers in charge?" asked Reid.
"I can think seven or eight of them that I would fire straight away," said Morgan, over the current ministers. "The weird thing is Boris Johnson never fires anyone, have you noticed? No matter how bad this pandemic has gone in terms of government handling - nobody loses their job.
"Gavin Williamson, worst education secretary in living memory, still doesn't lose his job."
- 1 Tory Brexiteers demand Northern Ireland Protocol is scrapped
- 2 Battle lines drawn between old rivals Johnson and Gove
- 3 Boris Johnson: Liar of the land
- 4 French diplomat brands Boris Johnson 'a liar' who will blame Brexit costs on Covid
- 5 Campaign urges Brits to declare themselves 'European' on 2021 census
- 6 Why so many on the left think Jews don't count
- 7 The end of Britain is nigh: Here's how, when and why...
- 8 Joe Biden's pick for trade envoy wants to ‘review’ negotiations with UK
- 9 Boris Johnson replaces Downing Street's Union unit
- 10 David Lammy: Don't fall for the right's culture wars trap
One viewer remarked: "I would take Lorraine over that clown Priti Patel as home secretary any day of the week".
Yvonne Burdett remarked: "Piers Morgan doesn't often make me laugh and very rarely watch him, but I've just spilt my coffee."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.