Nigel Farage mocked after claiming US voter fraud isn't evidence yet because 'it's so new'
- Credit: Twitter
Nigel Farage has been ridiculed after suggesting US voter fraud was "so new" it was impossible to prove.
Appearing on BBC news, Farage echoed Donald Trump's claim that there may be a concerted effort to tamper with mail-in votes in key swing states like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.
Farage's comments come after president Trump falsely declared victory in the US election early Wednesday morning UK time.
"We were getting ready to win this election – frankly we did win this election," Trump told a room packed with supporters.
Farage mirrored those views when he was pressed to provide evidence of voter fraud in an interview with the BBC's Andrew Neil.
"The evidence of voter fraud, with postal voting, of course, is there for all to see," Farage suggested, "we know it ourselves on our side of the pond."
Neil pressed Farage on the claim which led the Brexit Party leader to respond: "Because it's so new, it hasn't come to light yet."
- 1 Public give hilarious reaction to Brexiteer's tweet on Project Fear
- 2 'The irony': Iain Duncan Smith mocked following 'honesty with the public' remark about Rishi Sunak
- 3 Commons speaker delivers blistering attack on government following leak of latest lockdown information
- 4 Transport boss calls government's handling of Brexit border proceedings a 'complete shambles'
- 5 British actors barred from applying for role of young Prince William due to Brexit
- 6 Brexiteer Claire Fox defends public sector pay freeze saying workers are 'not the only heroes'
- 7 The Remainers who haven't been paying attention
- 8 Nine best tweets trolling Nigel Farage over anti-lockdown post
- 9 Rishi Sunak fails to declare family's wealth in ministerial register, probe finds
- 10 Joe Biden could scrap US-UK travel corridor in favour of one with Ireland
"So there is no fraud," cut in Neil.
Farage admitted there had not been any evidence of fraud "at this stage" before launching into a rant about the UK's voting system, which he accused of being corruptible.
"Not only is there fraud, there's also intimidation and we've seen it again and again."
One Twitter user wrote in response: "Mysteriously there wouldn't be any voter fraud if you were winning..."
"Imagine submitting a file to CPS saying the evidence is there for all to see, but it's just not come to light yet," Mick Gulliver wrote.
Louis Henw aded: "Don't worry Nigel If you can't find any evidence that there is massive electoral fraud in the US election, you can always claim it is because they weren't told to look for it, just like the Russian meddling."
Carl Davies quipped: "Nige revealing the usual depth of knowledge. But why is Farage even being interviewed?"
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.