Comedian delivers brilliant response to Brexiteers enraged over his Nigel Farage joke
- Credit: PA
A comedian has delivered the perfect rebuke to Brexiteers up in arms over jokes he made about Nigel Farage and Brexit on New Year's Eve.
Nish Kumar angered Brexiteers when he described Farage as "not technically a man, but a sack of meat brought to life by a witch's curse whose blood type is technically real ale," on the Graham Norton Show.
In a mock news segment on New Year's Eve, Kumar joked about how the UK might spiral out of control after leaving the EU.
He joked: "Now we have finally completed Brexit, I predict we will have a taste for leaving things and will vote to leave more stuff, starting with the continent of Europe, then the United Nations and finally the Earth by strapping rockets under the country and blasting off into space."
Farage hit out, tweeting: "I criticised the BBC and Sky News for their horrific New Year’s Eve coverage but had no idea about the Graham Norton Show and Nish Kumar, which were even worse."
This saw Kumar's name trend on Twitter and Brexiteers call him the "darling of woke nitwits", prompting his supporters to rally around him.
One user wrote: "Nish Kumar is a national treasure of modern 21st Century Britain, no wonder Nigel Farage doesn't like him."
- 1 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 2 Comedian wins praise after shaming No 10 during Dancing on Ice appearance
- 3 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 4 Television drama to focus on Boris Johnson's first year in Downing Street
- 5 Progressive alliance could see Labour win 351 seats at next election, new analysis reveals
- 6 Michael Gove among 14 Tory MPs revealed to have joined banned Parler app
- 7 Boris Johnson claims Labour supporters using Universal Credit vote to incite hatred
- 8 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 9 UK has highest Covid-19 death rate in world
- 10 The Tory MPs who failed to vote against a Universal Credit cut
Another posted: "Keep going Nish Kumar king, you’re doing amazing sweetie."
"Nish Kumar is one of the best things on TV," added Pascal Jacquemain.
But it was Kumar who delivered the best response, calling on people to donate to refugee charity Choose Love.
"Look if Nish Kumar is trending then the least Nish Kumar can do is Nish Kumar encourage you to Nish Kumar donate to @chooselove."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.