Recording of Queen's speech reportedly delayed by Brexit
- Credit: Parliament Live
The recording of the Queen's speech has been delayed by Brexit - as Buckingham Palace await a decision on whether or not the UK will leave the EU with a deal.
The royal usually records her speech by the middle of December, but it has been pushed back to next week due to the uncertainty surrounding Brexit talks.
According to a source in the Sun: “Normally she films it in early December, certainly by the middle of the month, but this time it’s later than usual. There’s talk it could happen on Wednesday or Thursday.
“The country could be a very different place by then with us possibly leaving the EU without a deal.”
Buckingham Palace refused to comment on the allegations in the Guardian.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson branded the reports “a load of speculation which we wouldn’t give any credibility to by commenting on. The filming date was set a number of weeks ago”.
- 1 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 2 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 3 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 4 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 5 Nigel Farage launches new party in Scotland to promote 'positive case for the Union'
- 6 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 7 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 8 Keir Starmer got it right with vote on Brexit deal
- 9 Scottish fishing boats ditch UK waters for Denmark to escape Brexit red tape
- 10 Brexiteer rebuked after backing Nigel Farage's 'East Germany' claims
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.