Former Brexit Party MEP dies in diving accident in the Bahamas
The New European
- Credit: EU Parliament
A former Brexit Party MEP has died in a diving accident near his home in the Bahamas.
Robert Rowland, 54, represented the South East of England at the European Parliament from July 2019 until December 2020.
Nigel Farage announced the death of the father-of-four, who was born in Bowdon, Greater Manchester, on the website of the Reform Party, the new name for the Brexit Party.
He said: “It is with great sadness that I have to announce the death of Robert Rowland, after a diving accident near his home in the Bahamas.
“Following a successful career in the City, Robert was an enthusiastic Brexit Party MEP and larger than life character. He leaves a wife, Lisa Marie, and four children.
You may also want to watch:
“On behalf of myself, and all those who were involved with the Brexit Party, I extend our sincerest condolences to his family.”
- 1 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 2 The Spanish village with the mythical blue lagoon
- 3 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 4 A very nearly enchanted evening
- 5 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 6 Boris Johnson enjoys splendid isolation
- 7 Why Bristol is the street art city
- 8 Ed Vaizey overtakes Paul Dacre in the Ofcom race
- 9 My favourite new Freedom is avoiding selfish anti-maskers
- 10 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.