Why I now trust Sky for Brexit news
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Readers are turning away from the BBC for their Brexit news - CHRIS CLODE explains why they've switched over.
Having spent my life watching what I took to be BBC's factual coverage of news, Brexit has cured our family. Now we have switched to Channel 4 for our evening news and for rolling 24-hour news, we go to Sky rather than BBC.
I would never have believed before June 2016 that we would go to a channel founded by Rupert Murdoch rather than the 'dear old Beeb'.
Last week's Mandrake poll showing 87% of 10,000 Twitter respondents trust Sky over the BBC on Brexit confirm the widely-shared view that the state broadcaster of the UK has been transformed into the passive mouthpiece of the minority government.
You may also want to watch:
As for the once-loved Today programme, don't get me started...
Chris Clode, Wrexham
- 1 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 2 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 3 Tory MP says policies no longer match 'principles on which millions have backed us'
- 4 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 5 George Osborne says it is 'game over' for Boris Johnson over free school meals
- 6 Andy Burnham could have been 'halfway through tenure as PM by now', claims commentator
- 7 Liz Truss to deliver speech rejecting 'Britain First' strategy ahead of US election
- 8 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 9 Minister sparks concerns about pig semen after Brexit
- 10 Brexit shambles: A stress of our own making
What do you think? Send your letters for publication to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.