Why I now trust Sky for Brexit news
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Readers are turning away from the BBC for their Brexit news - CHRIS CLODE explains why they've switched over.
Having spent my life watching what I took to be BBC's factual coverage of news, Brexit has cured our family. Now we have switched to Channel 4 for our evening news and for rolling 24-hour news, we go to Sky rather than BBC.
I would never have believed before June 2016 that we would go to a channel founded by Rupert Murdoch rather than the 'dear old Beeb'.
Last week's Mandrake poll showing 87% of 10,000 Twitter respondents trust Sky over the BBC on Brexit confirm the widely-shared view that the state broadcaster of the UK has been transformed into the passive mouthpiece of the minority government.
You may also want to watch:
As for the once-loved Today programme, don't get me started...
Chris Clode, Wrexham
- 1 Tory minister admits UK rejected EU's music visa offer in order to 'take back control' of borders
- 2 Priti Patel fails to appear in Commons to answer questions on missing police records
- 3 Iain Duncan Smith defends calling Donald Trump 'a decent man'
- 4 Leave EU website suspended after EU registry blocks move to Ireland
- 5 Kwasi Kwarteng confirms post-Brexit review of workers' rights
- 6 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 7 Bob Geldof vindicated over pro-EU fishing stunt, suggests broadcaster
- 8 Boris Johnson blames seafood companies for post-Brexit sales slump
- 9 Brandon Lewis unable to explain to Piers Morgan reason for UK having 'worst COVID death in the world'
- 10 Brexiteer MP criticised after suggesting No 10 should break Northern Ireland Protocol
What do you think? Send your letters for publication to email@example.com
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.