Why I now trust Sky for Brexit news
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Readers are turning away from the BBC for their Brexit news - CHRIS CLODE explains why they've switched over.
Having spent my life watching what I took to be BBC's factual coverage of news, Brexit has cured our family. Now we have switched to Channel 4 for our evening news and for rolling 24-hour news, we go to Sky rather than BBC.
I would never have believed before June 2016 that we would go to a channel founded by Rupert Murdoch rather than the 'dear old Beeb'.
Last week's Mandrake poll showing 87% of 10,000 Twitter respondents trust Sky over the BBC on Brexit confirm the widely-shared view that the state broadcaster of the UK has been transformed into the passive mouthpiece of the minority government.
You may also want to watch:
As for the once-loved Today programme, don't get me started...
Chris Clode, Wrexham
- 1 Brexit stripped me of my Britishness
- 2 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
- 3 What IS the liberal response to the migrant crisis?
- 4 What I learned by avoiding England and the Euros
- 5 Boris Johnson enjoys splendid isolation
- 6 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 7 The Tories have already lost the culture wars
- 8 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 9 Priti Patel - the poster girl for our poisonous politics
- 10 It's now clear what sovereignty means
What do you think? Send your letters for publication to email@example.com
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.