Why I now trust Sky for Brexit news
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Readers are turning away from the BBC for their Brexit news - CHRIS CLODE explains why they've switched over.
Having spent my life watching what I took to be BBC's factual coverage of news, Brexit has cured our family. Now we have switched to Channel 4 for our evening news and for rolling 24-hour news, we go to Sky rather than BBC.
I would never have believed before June 2016 that we would go to a channel founded by Rupert Murdoch rather than the 'dear old Beeb'.
Last week's Mandrake poll showing 87% of 10,000 Twitter respondents trust Sky over the BBC on Brexit confirm the widely-shared view that the state broadcaster of the UK has been transformed into the passive mouthpiece of the minority government.
You may also want to watch:
As for the once-loved Today programme, don't get me started...
Chris Clode, Wrexham
- 1 The biggest scandal may be that no rules were broken
- 2 Russell Kane: Why working class people like Boris Johnson
- 3 BBC journalist admits being 'haunted' by fear broadcaster 'built up' Nigel Farage and UKIP
- 4 Welsh government takes Westminster to court over post-Brexit bill
- 5 A chapter is over for Britain, for good or ill
- 6 Alan Duncan should have spoken out sooner about Boris Johnson
- 7 Ulster Unionism's crisis of faith
- 8 Prosecution threat for Tories' co-chairman
- 9 EU president faces fresh calls to resign over 'disastrous' Covid vaccine programme
- 10 The only Brexit export boom is from UK businesses rushing to Europe
What do you think? Send your letters for publication to firstname.lastname@example.org
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.