Fewer than half of Leave voters think the Tories are pro-Brexit
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Just 48% of Brexit voters believe that the Tories are pro-Brexit, despite the Tory Party's conference key message being 'get Brexit done'.
A new YouGov poll finds that while there is a noticeable shift with the public since April in terms of their perception of the party's stance on Brexit, 52% of Brexit voters still do not deem the party to be pro-Brexit.
The party that is seen the most to be pro-Brexit in the eyes of Leavers is Nigel Farage's Brexit Party - with 87% believing it is in favour of leaving the European Union.
But it also appears to suggest 13% of Brexiteers do not believe the party is supportive of an EU exit.
More encouraging for Boris Johnson is that 52% of the wider public believe the Tories are pro-Brexit, up from 37% in April.
You may also want to watch:
By contrast Remainers believe the Lib Dems are the most anti-Brexit party on offer, with 80% believing it is against the UK leaving the EU, up from 56% in April.
That is closely followed by the SNP with 75% agreeing it is trying to stop Brexit.
- 1 Tory MP blames 'chaotic parents' for children going to school hungry
- 2 Boris Johnson 'hid in bedroom' to avoid grilling on Brexit stance days before becoming PM
- 3 Danny Dyer praised for criticisms of Tory party - pointing out Etonians can't run the country
- 4 George Osborne says it is 'game over' for Boris Johnson over free school meals
- 5 UKIP set to select 'Dr Gammons' as candidate for London mayoral election
- 6 Liz Truss' department slammed for false claim about cost of soy sauce after Brexit
- 7 Andy Burnham could have been 'halfway through tenure as PM by now', claims commentator
- 8 Tory MP says policies no longer match 'principles on which millions have backed us'
- 9 Minister sparks concerns about pig semen after Brexit
- 10 Minister says he 'doesn't understand' accusation he's starving kids in holidays
The Greens' anti-Brexit position is recognised by 65% of Remainers with 46% recognising Plaid Cymru's opposition.
However just 33% of Remain voters believe Labour is anti-Brexit with overall perceptions with the public shifting very little since April.
That is despite the party moving towards a People's Vote with the option to Remain on the ballot paper.
By contrast 58% of Leave voters do view Jeremy Corbyn's party as anti-Brexit.
The biggest shift for Jeremy Corbyn's party is with those who see it as neutral on the Brexit matter, a position YouGov notes is probably "encouraging" for the leadership.
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.