Another poll shows Lib Dems are main contenders to Tories
- Credit: PA
A second poll in just two weeks shows the Lib Dems to be the main contender to the Tories.
The poll from YouGov echoes one immediately after Lib Dem conference which showed a bounce after they announced their policy to revoke Article 50 if they win a general election.
It gives the party an extra 2% support putting them on 23% of popularity, compared to Labour in third place with 21% of support (down 1%).
Boris Johnson's Conservatives remain in first place with 34% of support, despite the Supreme Court overruling the prime minister's prorogation plan, and his premiership mired with scandal.
The Brexit Party records 12% support with the Green Party on 5%.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as the Mirror revealed the Lib Dems have ambitious plans for a majority under the codename of "Project 320".
A "confidential briefing" asks supporters to inject funds to help make it happen.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 4 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 6 The harsh truths learned from halt in Brexit talks
- 7 House of Lords defies No 10 and votes to heavily defeat Boris Johnson's Brexit bill
- 8 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 9 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 10 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
A letter with the document says: "Winning and seizing the opportunity we face will take a campaign effort the likes of which we have never seen before - and by joining Team 320, you'll be a key part of making that liberal majority a reality."