Another poll shows Lib Dems are main contenders to Tories
- Credit: PA
A second poll in just two weeks shows the Lib Dems to be the main contender to the Tories.
The poll from YouGov echoes one immediately after Lib Dem conference which showed a bounce after they announced their policy to revoke Article 50 if they win a general election.
It gives the party an extra 2% support putting them on 23% of popularity, compared to Labour in third place with 21% of support (down 1%).
Boris Johnson's Conservatives remain in first place with 34% of support, despite the Supreme Court overruling the prime minister's prorogation plan, and his premiership mired with scandal.
The Brexit Party records 12% support with the Green Party on 5%.
You may also want to watch:
It comes as the Mirror revealed the Lib Dems have ambitious plans for a majority under the codename of "Project 320".
A "confidential briefing" asks supporters to inject funds to help make it happen.
- 1 Former trade minister rows back on comment of Brexit deal being 'easiest in human history'
- 2 James O'Brien confronts Vote Leave supporters who think Remainers want Brexit to fail
- 3 'Festival of Brexit' to receive £29m from Rishi Sunak's spending review
- 4 Commons speaker interrupts PMQs to remind Boris Johnson to answer questions
- 5 Public give hilarious reaction to Brexiteer's tweet on Project Fear
- 6 German MEP says 'messy' UK negotiation strategy behind need for last-minute Brexit talks
- 7 Telegraph columnist slammed for suggesting Priti Patel is too short to be a bully
- 8 PMQs: Keir Starmer accuses government of 'clean sweep' of ministerial code breaches
- 9 PMQs Review: The one with the clean sweep
- 10 Police chief 'not sorry' after saying Brexiteers were 'turkeys voting for Christmas'
A letter with the document says: "Winning and seizing the opportunity we face will take a campaign effort the likes of which we have never seen before - and by joining Team 320, you'll be a key part of making that liberal majority a reality."
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.