More than six in 10 want to stay in the EU, new poll reveals
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
More than 60% of people in the UK want to stay in the European Union, a new YouGov poll has found.
As Theresa May prepares to bring her Brexit deal back to the table for the fourth time, there are signs of growing frustation among the public about the handling of the UK's departure from the EU.
The polling by YouGov found of those who have made up their minds and would vote in a second referendum, 61% would back staying in the European Union over the government's deal.
By contrast 34% of people would back a no-deal Brexit - three times the amount of those who would back the government's strategy.
Theresa May's deal currently has just 12% support.
You may also want to watch:
When comparing a no-deal Brexit, the Brexit deal and remaining in the European Union, 53% of people would support staying.
KSI Finance, who commissioned the survey, said: "What has become clear from the research is that people want an end to the uncertainty, even if this means taking the drastic step of leaving the EU without a negotiated deal, rather than accept the compromise of the current deal on the table."
- 1 Our PM demonstrates why Latin lessons plan is a bad idea
- 2 Boris Johnson’s latest offence shouldn’t be overlooked
- 3 The cannabis conundrum
- 4 Has something shifted in sado-populist Britain?
- 5 Can King Louis turn back the clock?
- 6 Empty shelves are partly down to Brexit - but Leavers won't admit it
- 7 Party politics will not save us from the Tories - we need drastic action
- 8 Boris Johnson: The sado-populist prime minister
- 9 Why Germany's Greens failed to rise on floods
- 10 Cost of Brexit is already 38 times more than the money set aside for levelling up
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.