The Lib Dems are now the most popular choice with Remainers
- Credit: PA
A new poll has put the Lib Dems ahead with a slim majority of Remain voters.
A new YouGov poll suggests that 34% of Remain voters in the EU referendum will back Jo Swinson's party with 33% supporting Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.
According to the polling some 16% now plan to vote in support of the pro-Brexit Conservative Party, ahead of the 9% who will back the Greens.
By contrast a majority of Leave voters will back the Conservatives.
YouGov found 58% of Brexiteers will back Boris Johnson's party, with 24% in favour of the Brexit Party and 9% backing Labour.
You may also want to watch:
Among 2017 voters, just 55% of those who voted Labour in the last election will back the party again, whereas 73% of Conservative voters in 2017 will continue to vote Tory.
- 1 Michael Gove claims Boris Johnson is a 'huge asset' to Scotland
- 2 Sky News presenter says Boris Johnson is 'gaslighting the nation' over Covid claims
- 3 Home Office launches voluntary repatriation scheme for EU nationals
- 4 Brussels politician says Boris Johnson should 'pay for EU workers to stay' in UK
- 5 Piers Morgan and Susanna Reid reject Boris Johnson's coronavirus claim
- 6 Nigel Farage reminded of claim that 'acid test of Brexit' surrounds fishing after clip resurfaces
- 7 David Cameron's wife says Brexit has made trading 'difficult' for her business
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn loses bid to release Labour documents ahead of High Court battle
- 9 Boris Johnson is the 'worst PM' and should resign, says Alastair Campbell
- 10 Pro-Brexit fishing campaigner says Boris Johnson's deal has left her with 'no fish'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.