The Lib Dems are now the most popular choice with Remainers
- Credit: PA
A new poll has put the Lib Dems ahead with a slim majority of Remain voters.
A new YouGov poll suggests that 34% of Remain voters in the EU referendum will back Jo Swinson's party with 33% supporting Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.
According to the polling some 16% now plan to vote in support of the pro-Brexit Conservative Party, ahead of the 9% who will back the Greens.
By contrast a majority of Leave voters will back the Conservatives.
YouGov found 58% of Brexiteers will back Boris Johnson's party, with 24% in favour of the Brexit Party and 9% backing Labour.
You may also want to watch:
Among 2017 voters, just 55% of those who voted Labour in the last election will back the party again, whereas 73% of Conservative voters in 2017 will continue to vote Tory.
- 1 The greatest failure of government in our lifetime
- 2 The bigot we should have called out on day one
- 3 James O'Brien schools Brexiteer who refuses to accept new EU-UK trade rules
- 4 Matt Hancock praises free school meals before being reminded he voted against them
- 5 Nigel Farage launches new party in Scotland to promote 'positive case for the Union'
- 6 Keir Starmer got it right with vote on Brexit deal
- 7 The polling that signals the plight of the Union
- 8 Brexiteer MP ridiculed after calling for free movement of goods between GB and NI
- 9 Scottish fishing boats ditch UK waters for Denmark to escape Brexit red tape
- 10 PMQs Review: The one where the speaker finally snapped