The Lib Dems are now the most popular choice with Remainers
- Credit: PA
A new poll has put the Lib Dems ahead with a slim majority of Remain voters.
A new YouGov poll suggests that 34% of Remain voters in the EU referendum will back Jo Swinson's party with 33% supporting Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party.
According to the polling some 16% now plan to vote in support of the pro-Brexit Conservative Party, ahead of the 9% who will back the Greens.
By contrast a majority of Leave voters will back the Conservatives.
YouGov found 58% of Brexiteers will back Boris Johnson's party, with 24% in favour of the Brexit Party and 9% backing Labour.
You may also want to watch:
Among 2017 voters, just 55% of those who voted Labour in the last election will back the party again, whereas 73% of Conservative voters in 2017 will continue to vote Tory.
- 1 Crisis in the unpicked fruit fields shows Brexit is rotten
- 2 Why Australian trade deal could complicate future post-Brexit agreements
- 3 Brexiteers propose return of imperial measurements in report on reducing 'red tape'
- 4 A furious Hoyle accuses government of misleading the House
- 5 Liz Truss urged to let parliament 'take back control' with Brexit trade deal scrutiny
- 6 Why don't Brexiteers like to talk about Brexit any more?
- 7 How the Kominsky Method grapples with growing old
- 8 When Eton took on a team of miners at football
- 9 Michael Gove insists Liz Truss is delivering 'what's best for Britain'
- 10 PM to reveal details of post-Brexit agreement with Australia
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.