Boris Johnson is now 100 points behind Nicola Sturgeon in Scottish voters’ approval ratings
- Credit: PA
Boris Johnson's approval rating with the Scottish people now sits at -50 points, a hundred points lower than the country's first minister Nicola Sturgeon.
Polling by YouGov, carried out for the Times, found that Sturgeon was on +50 points as her approval rating continues to soar following her handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
Johnson has dropped to -50 points after mismanaging the crisis, leaving 100 points difference between the two leaders.
Ruth Davidson, the new Tory group leader at Holyrood, has an approval rating of +15 just ahead of Labour leader Keir Starmer on 14 points.
Douglas Ross, the Scottish Tories' new leader, is polling on -15 points.
You may also want to watch:
The polling also gave a boost for Scottish independence with 53% backing an exit from the union, with the 'don't know' option removed, compared to 47% that would reject it.
Polling for the SNP is at a record high - as the polling found 57% would back the SNP in the Holyrood elections, compared to 20% for the Tories, 14% for Labour and 6% for the Lib Dems.
- 1 These are the 322 Tory MPs who voted against extending free school meals to children
- 2 Betty Boothroyd delivers scathing assessment of Boris Johnson's government
- 3 Priti Patel set to hand private firms £28 million in government contracts to deport asylum seekers from UK
- 4 The harsh truths learned from halt in Brexit talks
- 5 Question Time: Ex-Tory minister accused of making 'sickening' comment about free schools meals row
- 6 Downing Street withholds praise for business and local authorities offering free meals to hungry children
- 7 At the upcoming US election, Donald Trump really is toast
- 8 Priti Patel bullying inquiry may never be released, hints Boris Johnson's new civil service boss
- 9 Boris Johnson 'plans to resign' in six months because he can't live on £150k salary
- 10 German MEP tells Boris Johnson he 'owes' Britons a Brexit deal as she urged a return to EU trade talks
SNP MP Pete Wishart tweeted: 'SNP support at 57%... The simple fact is that the Scottish people very much approve of SNP Government. Now can we all unite and win this.'
Become a Supporter
The New European is proud of its journalism and we hope you are proud of it too. We believe our voice is important - both in representing the pro-EU perspective and also to help rebalance the right wing extremes of much of the UK national press. If you value what we are doing, you can help us by making a contribution to the cost of our journalism.