Another week, another great issue packed with news, Brexit analysis and brilliant features on art, culture, film and food
1. Britain: Where did it all go wrong? Alastair Campbell on the UK’s fall from grace
2. Michael White on a weak and divided government drifting towards crisis
3. Kevin O’Sullivan: RIP common decency – welcome to the age of hate
4. Marion van Renterghem on Macron: The rule breaker who ruptured the system
5. Mitch Benn: What would Doctor Who do?
6. Ian Walker examines the horrors of modern warfare from Stalingrad to Mosul
P.S. Did you know that you can now comment on New European articles online? Just scroll down to the bottom of an article and let us know what you think