1) Whose tumultuous year began in January when they were accused of sending a man of Indian heritage a WhatsApp message calling him “a waste of a man’s white skin”?
2) Also in January, Conor Burns was ridiculed for offering what excuse for Boris Johnson’s appearance at a lockdown-busting Downing St birthday party?
3) In February, why did Liz Truss’s insistence during peace talks that the UK would never recognise Russian claims to the sovereignty of Rostov and Voronezh cause bemusement at the Kremlin?
4) In the same month, Spain’s Vicente Zaragoza and Italy’s Renato Pologna both claimed to have made what suddenly famous object?
5) Which Italian actress died of complications from Alzheimer’s disease in February, 34 years after Le Monde reported that she had died from an overdose of barbiturates?
6) In March, which European husband and wife lost out to Will Smith and Jessica Chastain as best actor and actress at the Oscars, but failed to slap anyone?
7) Also in March, why did Marine Le Pen decide to scrap 1.2 million of her election leaflets?
8) And in the same month, what did Rishi Sunak reveal himself unable to do correctly at a petrol station?
9) In April, MP Neil Parish resigned after being caught watching porn in the Commons. A friend claimed Parish had done so by accident after searching for “a brand of tractor” named what?
10) Also in April, who briefly returned to social media with a series of (quickly removed) posts on his ex-wife’s Instagram account, with a spokesperson admitting they “may have been taken down over fears they would not be well received”?
11) Why did Daniil Chernov (aka MC KylymMen) not make it to Turin in May to help Ukraine’s Kalush Orchestra win Eurovision?
12) Also in May, who became the new sports science teacher at Huntercombe Prison, Henley-on-Thames?
13) Launching the sport’s World Cup in June, what moment did culture secretary Nadine Dorries describe to a press conference as “my long-standing memory” of rugby league?
14) Also in June, which Russian politician insisted “we have not invaded Ukraine” and claimed they had proof that it was “fake news”?
15) What did Jill Scott fail to say to Matt Hancock on I’m A Celebrity… that cameras had caught her saying to Germany’s Sydney Lohmann during the Women’s Euro final in July?
16) Also in July, what football anthem formed the soundtrack for Boris Johnson’s first dance at the second party to celebrate his third wedding?
17) Mikhail Gorbachev died in August. In 1998, which restaurant chain did he advertise on global TV?
18) Also in August, French scientist Étienne Klein went viral with what he claimed was a new photograph of Proxima Centauri, the closest star to our sun, taken by the James Webb Space Telescope. What was the photo really of?
19) And in the same month, why was a racecourse crowd unimpressed when Liz Truss told them: “We need to get on with delivering the small modular nuclear reactors which we produce here in Derbyshire.”
20) In September, which political leader admitted to regarding The Lord of the Rings as a “sacred text”, to attending a “Hobbit Camp” and to singing with a militant folk band called The Fellowship of the Ring?
21) On September 8, which inanimate object posted on Twitter: “In tribute to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, tonight, I will turn my lights off at midnight”?
22) In the same month, whose “inspirational leadership” did Boris Johnson praise in his first speech as a backbencher?
23) Also in September, Joe Biden called out for congresswoman Jackie Walorski during a press conference on hunger, asking “Jackie, are you here? Where’s Jackie?” Where was Jackie?
24) In October, what did Dutch artist Piet Mondrian turn out to have in common with Mussolini?
25) Also in October, what invention of Denis Mann and Ed Keeble captivated Britain and the world?
26) And in the same month, who joined Twitter with a GIF of John Travolta looking confused and an accompanying post reading: “One question on my mind: Where is my good friend, Donald Trump?”
27) In November, which fast-food brand apologised for a tweet telling German followers to “treat yourself” on the anniversary of Kristallnacht?
28) In the same month, who was turned away from a visit to Wimbledon because they did not have the right security pass?
29) In December, who was given a £60 fixed penalty notice in Worcester town centre for driving in a traffic-free zone?
30) And finally in December, who gave a speech about the brilliance of cryptocurrency technology blockchain, just days before the arrest of the man behind the collapsed FTX cryptocurrency exchange?